9.04.2006

rest.

So a little rest goes a long way. I was able to sleep some last night and am in a considerably better, and less self-centered, mood this morning.

I woke up, got a shower, listened to some music, and made lists of things I have to do - or more accurately, things that need to get done that I’ll need some help with :). Chris is still asleep and I’m going to peep around the house quietly for as long as I can, so he can get some well-deserved sleep.

Tomorrow, teachers report to school. I have to go in and fill out some paperwork, and then I’ll head to the hospital. I’m hoping to get there for Ben’s 8:30 feeding. Chris’ mom is driving me to school and escorting me inside, and then my mom will meet me there and drive me to the hospital and then home. I’m excited for her to see the baby’s room - Chris’ mom and dad helped Chris out so much with it, and lots of other things around the house. The crib is put together, and the sheets and bedding are on. He’s got a couple of stuffed animals waiting for him, and the bookshelf has lots of books on it waiting to be read.

I’ll update more later - just wanted to apologize for the pity party. I have so much to be thankful for as a mom and a wife and a daughter and a sister and a sister-in-law and a friend (I think those are all of my titles?). I think I might have forgotten that for a bit yesterday and the new day reminded me of it.

In the meantime, if you can, listen to “Lion’s Mane” by Iron & Wine. One thing Chris and I are so excited about is sharing great music with Ben. He went to a couple of really cool concerts with me while he was still in my belly. This song by Iron & Wine is a song that I can’t wait to play for him. It’s beautiful.

No comments: