We like watching Ben sleep. He’s cute.
Sunday morning at 11:30, Mom-Mom Reif drove me to the hospital to see Ben. After I tried to feed him, she got to hold him for the rest of the visit. I had a great time watching her hold him, and rock him, and talk to him. He didn’t have the most successful feeding but it was so nice to see him.
On the way back we picked up burgers from Five Guys for lunch. I need to keep up my iron intake, so it was good for me to have the red meat. Afterwards, I took a nice nap.
Chris and I made it back to the hospital for Ben’s 5:30 feeding, and he did much better. We’re still a ways away from him coming home, but it’s good to see him making some progress.
I’m pooped. I feel well physically, but I’m as tired as everyone told me I’d be because of my iron deficiency, and every once in awhile I have a mini pity-party for myself. That’s my confession for the day.
I just want to be well and have Ben home, so that I don’t have to take a zillion naps all day, and rely so much on Chris and everyone else. I want to not have to drive a half hour to the hospital and a half hour back, twice a day - with someone else driving, because I can’t drive alone yet. I just feel badly that other people have to take care of me still.
While we were driving home, back over the Walt Whitman Bridge, I told Chris how excited I was for things to be normal-ish. Once Ben’s home and I’m well, we can actually do things together, as a family. If we have errands to run, we can hop in the car and put Ben in the car seat and just go. I know it’ll never be that easy, but still.
I know my patience is being tested, as is the patience of everyone around me - especially Chris. Guilt over that + self pity = Liz being no fun.
I’m tired, and going to sleep :). In the meantime, I’ll leave you with cute ears and cute cheeks and a button nose.
9.03.2006
sleeping boy.
posted by liz on Sunday, September 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment