10.12.2006

A Trip to the Doctor's


Ben’s had a weird diaper rash for the past couple of days, so I called his pediatrician this morning. They were nice enough to see us this morning.

I felt silly, and I felt like they’d think I was the textbook paranoid mother, but the doctor said it was good I’d brought him in. We were given a prescription for Ben’s diaper rash, but not before he was weighed.

Ben is now 8 lbs, 9 oz!

I told the doctor about Ben’s schedules, or lack thereof. I told her that he had been having rough nights, not sleeping - and not letting us sleep.

She told me that he’s actually sleeping too much during the day because he’s overstimulated. That noise and things going on around him actually make him want to sleep - and that when nighttime comes, he’s awake.

I told her that Ben has only been able to fall asleep on my chest at night, and that when I put him in his bassinet, he wakes up and fusses like crazy, even if he’s full and has a clean diaper and has been burped. She told me Ben should be in his crib, in his own room - for his sake and ours - and so we’re going to try that tonight.

Below, Ben’s sweatshirt hanging on Dad’s. I like this picture.

No comments: