3.10.2007

rash

Bummer. Mister Ben's got a rash of unknown origin. I noticed a couple of bumps on his leg the other day, but didn't want to be the stereotypical Paranoid First-Time Mother, so I didn't call the pediatrician. Then yesterday at around 3, during a diaper change, I realized that he had some bumps on his chest and back. Nothing scary or life-threatening looking, just bumps. Last night I slathered him up in Aquaphor before I put him to bed, and this morning...


It's hard to see unless you click on the picture and enlarge it. I don't know what the deal is. I haven't introduced any new foods, used any new detergents, or anything else out of the ordinary lately. It doesn't seem to be bothering him, but it's a mystery that I'd like to solve. Of course I'm trying to get in touch with the pediatrician's after-hours line and I can't seem to leave a message at any of the phone numbers. I'm sure it's nothing but I'd just like to know if I should be putting anything on it.

The good news? Ben's clearly not bothered by it. In fact, he thinks his mother is a dork for making his father take pictures of a rash.



No comments: