I'm sad. And I'm silly for being sad. But I can't help it.
We took Benjamin for his first haircut today. I feel like he's all grown up.
I love his hair. I love the waves in his hair, even if when it's long in the back it looks like a mullet. It's his hair that he was born with, the hair that I love touching and getting flustered over.
Chris has been telling me all day how cute it is that I'm having separation anxiety over Ben's hair, but I don't know how cute it is. I'm just imagining what a treat I'll be on his first day of school, or going off to college. I can't even deal with thinking about it right now.
In the meantime, it's just a haircut, it'll grow back. And he looks so handsome. Here is a shot before:And some shots during. He was such a big boy. It was really cute because the cape/robe/apron thing they put on him was just his size.
He was less than pleased, but we tried our best to distract him with animal crackers and an Elmo dvd.We went to a place that was just for kids in the hopes that it wouldn't be a huge scene. I think it's probably going to be awhile before we get his hair cut again.
Tonight we went to dinner with the Botbyls at The Pop Shop in Collingswood. Ben and Cambelle sat at opposite ends of the table and checked each other out. He was in a better mood by then and smiled at Auntie D for much of the night.

1.26.2008
bittersweet.
posted by liz on Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
He looks adorable and it looks like he did a great job. When we took Brayden for his first haircut he was holding onto me for dear life and screaming.
Post a Comment