I'm kidding.
I'm sure nobody will believe me, but Ben sings. Hums, actually.
Two songs. We sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star/the ABC Song to him a lot, and we noticed that he likes to hum along sometimes. For the past couple days, he's been humming the first seven notes correctly and on tune. And when I say hum, I really mean something more like the word, 'huh'. Twinkle, twinkle little star looks a bit like, 'Huh. Huh. Huh. Huh. Huh. Huh. Huh.' But the notes are right. It's pretty cute. I've tried to get an audio recording of it, but no luck yet.
Chris also taught him Row, Row, Row Your Boat. I guess that's a little more complex, because Ben repeats, 'Woah, woah, woah...' back to him.
Look, I know the kid's not going to Juilliard or anything, but I'm impressed that such a little person can remember a song and hum it (or at least the beginning of it) on key.
I promise I won't become a stage mom.
* it also should be mentioned that Ben's cousin Hannah is WALKING at NINE MONTHS. Those Carter babies are SuperBabies.
1.24.2008
the kid's a genius!*
posted by liz on Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment